- Now that the Machine is assembled, Power on the machine and go to the Move Menu; on the bottom of the screen, touch Tune to enter the Bed Level Correction menu.
- Next Press the Auto Leveling button. The Printer will now move the extruder to multiple points to measuring the distance between the nozzle and the print bed to determine the local offset at each point. (Please note this function only works for Metal Print Beds).
- If you want to adjust the Global Offset, you can make adjustments in the same menu by touching Close or Far. The Global offset is the distance below 0, at which the nozzle should adjust to, in order to have a proper gap between the nozzle and the print bed.
- *Adjustments to the Z-Axis offset may need to be made once the printing process has started to fine tune the gap between the Nozzle and the Print Bed.
- Once completed, press the check mark on the screen to return to the move Menu, and back once more to return to the Main Menu.
Loading the Filament
- Now that the Calibration is complete, the next thing you will do is pre-heat the nozzle so that filament can be fed into the extruder.
- You will now select Preheat in the Main menu
- Press the Nozzle button, then set the temperature of the nozzle to your target value. (The target value depends on the filament type being used).
- Press the Bed button, then set the Temperature of the bed to your target value. (Like the extruder, this value depends on the filament type being used).
- Touch Start Preheat. The printer will start preheating the nozzle and the heat bed to the targets set value. The option on the screen will change to read “Stop Preheat” and the extruder and the bed will read the actual temperatures.
- *While the printer is pre-heating, you will want to prepare the filament to be loaded by cutting the end of the filament to a 45-degree angle or to a point.
- Touch the Back button in the pre-heat menu to return to the main menu. Next touch the Move Menu and press the Up arrow on the Z column to raise the extruder above the build platform (1 to 2 inches).
- While compressing the tensioner assembly on the filament feed mechanism, insert the spool into the filament sensor located in front of the feed mechanism and through the tensioner into the Bowden connector.
- Now that the filament has been inserted, you will now touch the Down arrow in the E column of the Move Menu, to feed the filament into the extruder. Continue clicking the button until a few inches of filament have been extruded. Use the plastic scraper to remove the excess filament from the build plate.
- Press the Back button to go back to the Home screen.
Settings for manually setting up a Cura profile:
X Width 200
Y Depth 200
Z Height 200
Build plate shape – Rectangular
Origin At Center – Not Checked
Heated Bed – Checked
Nozzle size 0.4mm
Compatible Material Diameter 1.75
Use this start gcode for MP10:
G28 ;(Home all axes)
G21 ;(metric values)
G90 ;(absolute positioning)
M82 ;(set extruder to absolute mode)
M107 ;(start with the fan off)
M104 S[first_layer_temperature] ; set extruder temp
M140 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; set bed temp
M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed temp
M109 S[first_layer_temperature] ; wait for extruder temp
G92 E0 ;(Reset the extruder to 0)
G1 Z2.0 F1500 ; (Move Z Axis up little to prevent scratching of Heat Bed)
G1 X10 Y5 Z0.3 F1500.0 ; (Move to start position)
G1 X100 Y5 F500 E31 ; (approximately .40/1.75distance1.50 — 150% over extrusion)
G1 X200 Y5 F500 E60 ;
G92 E0.0;(Zero the extruder)
G0 Z0; (Zero the Z Axis)