Things to think about regarding your sketchbook:
– Have you collected a large reservoir of source material (drawings, notes, sketches, writings etc.) to use a starting point for your work?
– Is there evidence in the sketchbook of outside creative or technical research (not assigned from class material?)
– Have you been creative in your collection of source material? Have you been open minded in understanding how your collection of source material helps you in your creative work?
– Have you kept and organized your class notes and handouts?
– Did you take notes about how your work was completed (glazes, colors, stains, post firing work, etc.)?
– Did you take notes about the conceptual development of your work?
– Did you take notes or reflect on the discussions we had during the critiques or during class? (either about your work or others)
– Have you completed all of your idea sketches BEFORE each assignment?
– Do your ideas seem complete and thought out? Or do your sketches appear haphazard and incomplete?
– Have you created a significantly larger number of idea sketches than you used?